The web design part of the module was interesting and useful to know, but ‘Dreamweaver’ is a fiddly and annoying programme. I got that hang of it and designed a website that I am happy with.
The product range and distribution brief was a good one for me. I really enjoy it when you have complete creative freedom within a brief, I feel I thrive with the openness of it all. I went with the idea of a butchers because it could of incorporated a lot of aspects of design that I enjoy and haven’t tried before. I think making a logo is one of the hardest things in graphic design, because it’s the icon of a company and its usually plastered on everything people see it on a daily basis so it needs to have staying power. I think my logo for ‘Teddy’s Butchers’ is a strong design that works well on letterheads and business cards. There are elements of this brief that also make it one of my strongest so far. Firstly the different wrapping designs for the different meats, with the colour coding, makes it easier for the customer to see what they have in the bag is a fresh touch on a butchers packaging. Secondly the business card which doubles up as a loyalty card. I am really pleased with the design and the stamp, which I made, ties it up well. Thirdly the recipe cards that I made where a suitable design solution for my target audience. If I were to really brand this butchers I would make lots of recipe cards for the different cuts on the animals. Also for a future addition to the recipe cards I could design different cards for styles of food ie. Chinese, Indian Italian etc. Finally I think the photography of the products really helps the project come together. I looked for ages for the perfect wooden table to photograph all my solutions on, but I found a slightly battered dark wooden one that complements them perfectly.

No comments:
Post a Comment