Friday, 16 April 2010

- What is a Line -

Here is the final poster printed on tracing paper.Here is the final book with the wooden book cover.
I used hinges to allow the wooden cover to open.
Title page.

Two exerts from the book to show the drawings.


Here is the Title i designed, i made it so the was just a continual line, going with the theme what is a line. I then used the laser cutter to emboss it.



Here is the final composition for the objects, i tried to get them as close as possible with out touching, it was like a very hard jig saw with out the picture to reference.
I arranged all the drawing into size order although it looks organised i felt it was visually appealing enough.

Here are all the individual drawings scanned in spaced out equally on two pages.


Evaluation - I am pleased with this what is a line project. I really enjoyed doing illustration because we don't do that much on the course. The final poster works well because there is a lot going on and you can l can spend time looking at all the detail. I would of perhaps changed the paper that i printed on, i choose tracing paper because you can put in on different surfaces and it gives it a different quality whether its on wood or a white wall. But i think it would of worked well on a good quality white thick stock so the black line drawing would look crisp.
The book turned out well too, the wood has a sturdy and professional quality to it although i am not that pleased with the laser cut title on the front, i would of preferred it if it was less subtle

No comments:

Post a Comment