At the start of the
module my rationale was ‘A brand/identity investigation of type and image with
a focus of print and packaging’ To be honest I didn’t think of this until the
very end of the module. But looking back at my work I have kept to this
rationale quite well. All my briefs relate to my rationale apart from my ‘book
fair’ brief but that was something I did on the side really. Personally I think
you shouldn’t get too bogged down with what ‘type’ of designer you are. But I think
I have succeeded when designing a brand/identity for my projects they all have
a recognisable logo or concept to the brand. As for the print and packaging
side, I only did one ‘packaging’ brief so I could of pushed that side of the
rationale further. The print aspect touches on all my briefs I did and has taught
me to think a lot more about print in the world rather than on the screen.
Everyone says it, but
if I had worked as hard as I had done in the last 3 weeks since the very
beginning I would have achieved a far greater amount. As a designer I think I
miss or don’t do enough research. But there is a point when you have to stop
researching and start designing because you can carry on researching forever.
Perhaps I just make that step a bit too early. In future I will try to fix
this. I have thought more in depth about print processes and functionality this
module. But I would say I haven’t done this across all briefs where I should
have. I should have looked more deeply into methodologies into everything rather
than just a few aspects of the ‘brief’. This is probably due to time. Time is
always the killer on this course. I think I manage my time well enough, it is
maybe that I am not aiming high enough or not really thinking hard enough about
my work that my design work isn’t as good as it should be. I do a lot of my
‘time management’ by just writing to do lists or drawing a quick sketch of what
I need to do. This works well for me because I think spending time on
organising time management is wasting time. I know what I need to do, then I do
it. As for showing this is where I fall down. I don’t tend to keep these little
scraps of paper with my lists or doodles on. I lost a lot of time this module
due to unfortunate circumstances but I think I am happy with what I have achieved
with what time I had.
Being in the studio
more and more has given me a constant flow of feedback and also I’ve been giving
feedback to others. I have also learnt a whole lot more about Indesign,
Photoshop and Illustrator.
This module has pushed
me the most at any point on the course. Through the module I have learnt things
from my self and other around me and I have produced 6 briefs that I would be
happy to put in my portfolio.

No comments:
Post a Comment