Monday, 24 May 2010

- In Context -

Banner
I wanted to make the poster seem like it was a genuine film so i added a small banner like they used to do in the 70's showing the time and place of the showing.
I used an orange banner so it would stand out. The 'times' i put are the timings of the course. I also advertised the Alarm Clock pack bringing the products together. To make it look a bit more authentic i also hand teared the edges. This is because the people that would of promoted a film in the 190's would have printed a roll of these banners and just tore them when they needed them.

Here is the poster with the banner.


I also put it up on the level 4 notice board because this is where people advertise stuff on the course.
Internet
I also designed a longer thinner version of the poster as an advert for the internet. Lots of webpages have adverts so i thought it would be a good vessel to promote the products.

I tried 3 different variations of the design. The hierarchy of text in the first one is all wrong because the tag line is too big and takes focus of the title. The composition of the middle one works best because the illustrations are arranged more smoothly and the title is apart from the illustrations so it doesn't get lost.


I took a generic website, i chose Empire online because its a film website. I then placed my advert into the space where adverts go to show what it would look like. You could use this design on the 1st year blogs also.

Screen Print

I also wanted to screen print the poster because thats how it would have been done back in the 70's. The poster design would look crisp and the colours would be more vivid.

But i did run into a problem. I couldn't print out A2 CMYK black and white designs to expose the screens. This is because there was no space to print out this week. I may attempt this when the A2 printers are less busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment