Friday, 14 May 2010

- Time Stealers Development (Trailer) -


Preferably i would of like to done a traditional trailer for a movie with lots of cuts of different scenes and characters in different costumes with a real story line etc. but i didn't have a budget or enough people that would get involved.

My idea for the simpler trailer is to have the main character, being Josh, to look as 70's as possible, running. Running to look like he was in a rush. And then conclude in a showdown between him and a clock.

Here is my preliminary story board.

For the sets, i wanted it to be in Leeds because thats where this course is. I also wanted it to look quite ghetto looking so i searched for relatively run down or places that didn't look to up kept. This is because in a lot of 70's B movies especially the blaxploitation ones are set in places like Harlem and Brooklyn in America.
I took pictures and marked the places i had been on the map.
Here is my main story board for the trailer. It shows the sequence of events and directions i want the character to move .



I wanted to make a really simple bit of motion graphics that looked 70's. I envisioned 3 diamonds coming together and flashing up some type. I put 'Graphic Design' because it lets you know what course is 'stealing' your time.
I would've improved this by adding a slight glow on the white diamonds to make it look like retro motion graphics.
Because i used a black background in the beginning i wanted to keep that theme but the title of the film i originally made had a black 3d effect on it.

but i just inverted the black to make it stand out on the black background.
This is the song i chose to be in the trailer. This is because it is funky and sounds ultra seventies even though it is made by the rap group "Beastie Boys' in the 90's. I only used the first 55 seconds. But i had to cut up some parts and repeat bits to fit the length of the time of the video.

Here is the music which i found on you tube. (Ignore the video, just listen to the music)

No comments:

Post a Comment